Looking for some ways to stay cool in our great (but super hot) city? As the temperatures continue to rise, your friends at Leif Johnson Ford have compiled a list of five of our favorite ways to cool off in the Austin area!
- Visit a swimming hole- The Austin area is full of lovely swimming pools and holes to enjoy on a sweaty summer’s day. Beloved Barton Springs, Wimberley’s majestic Blue Hole and Spicewood’s gorgeous Krause Springs are just a few of our favorite options! And if you’re looking for a little history with your swimming, dive into the oldest swimming hole in Austin at Deep Eddy’s!
- Discover a splash pad – Austin has so many totally free splash pads. Pease Park, Downtown Round Rock, The Triangle and Liz Carpenter Fountain at Butler Park are just a few of the amazing options.
- Go paddleboarding, kayaking or canoeing. Lady Bird is Austin’s favorite, but spots like Brushy Creek Park and Lake Austin also offer these on-the-water excursions!
- Spend a day at the lake. From dining on Lake Travis to swimming at the beach-like Lake Pflugerville and everywhere in between, the Austin area suffers no shortage of beautiful areas to love. Eat at the Oasis or Shack 512, rent a boat or just dip your toes in the water. You’ll have a blast no matter what you choose!
- Surf at N-Land Surf Park. Ride the waves or just enjoy a restaurant and brewery with a review. This unique spot has something for everyone to love!
Get in the water and make the most out of every sweat-inducing moment. Summer will be over before you know it, so soak up the sun and every moment while you can!