Summer is officially upon us. This means the kids are out of school, and road-trips, sports games, slumber parties and new adventures are probably in the works. This also might mean that your car is a mess, or has the potential to be that way soon. But with all of the upcoming car rides, this is also the time that it’s best to have a well-organized vehicle. Leif Johnson Ford is here with some easy ways to keep your vehicle organized and ready for all of the fun summer has in store!
- Grab a box with a lid from the dollar store and pack all of your summer necessities. Think sunscreen, bug spray, extra shoes, extra clothes, swim suits, sun hats, baby powder for removing sand, etc.
- Keep a durable and labeled folder with important items such as your insurance and registration safe in the glove compartment. These are items that often seem to disappear right when we need them most, and this simple trick helps ensure that doesn’t happen!
- Hang a shoe organizer and use as backseat pockets for toys and miscellaneous items.
- Make a ‘Summer Ouch Kit’, aka a first aid kit especially for your car. Use an old baby wipe’s for your kit’s base. Pack assorted sizes of Bandaids, instant ice packs, Neosporin, gauze, Ibuprofen + Tylenol, Benadryl, Antiseptic spray, a flashlight, non-latex gloves, a roller bandage, scissors, tweezers, a thermometer, extra sunscreen and anything else you think could be needed in an emergency!
- Buy fabric bins from the dollar store or Walmart and place emergency items such as jumper cables, an umbrella, an extra phone charger, and a flashlight inside. Store in the back seat or in the trunk.
- Recycle an empty and plastic Folgers coffee can by turning it into a car trash can. You can use it as is or have fun and paint/decorate before using in your vehicle.
Whatever your destinations this summer, these simple organizational tools will help your get there in style!