Did you know that your Ford vehicle may be equipped with a feature that allows you to stay connected and control certain features remotely? This includes unlocking and locking your car doors and even starting your engine from your phone! If you have SYNC connect and a compatible smartphone, you are good to go! Here’s what you’ll need to do.
- Download Ford Pass from the app store of Google Play. If you have not already done so, create an account via the Ford Pass app.
- Add your SYNC Connect equipped vehicle. Go to the My Vehicles option and click Add Vehicle. Select the plus sign option if you would like to add a second vehicle.
- Scan or enter your VIN number by selecting the Use Camera tab, and point the camera at your VIN label located on your vehicle’s driver doorsill. You’ll see a “Scanned Successfully” screen when this step is complete.
- Assign a vehicle nickname. Hit ‘Finish.’
- You’ll now see a screen prompting you to activate SYNC Connect by touching the ‘Activate SYNC Connect’ button.
- After a few moments, go to your vehicle and start it. You will now see a pop-up on your vehicle’s SYNC Connect touchscreen. Select the “Allow” button to continue. If you do not touch ‘Allow’ within ten startups, you will not gain access to remote features and will need to reactivate from the beginning.
- That’s it! Remote features can now be accessed from your phone’s Ford Pass app! Enjoy!