As the winter season approaches, it is a good idea to check your vehicle out before it gets too chilly. Our friend and expert service advisor Barry Beard recently gave us some quick but handy tips for what to check under the hood, and we couldn’t wait to share with our Ford family and friends!
- Everything should be easily marked underneath the hood.
- There are handles for your transmission fluid; It’s important to remember to always check your transmission fluid while your engine is running, while the car is in neutral and parking brake set.
- Your oil is also easily marked. You will be able to read the hash marks to check for minimum and max fill. Revert to your owner’s manual for the specific amount of oil your vehicle takes.
- You’ll also want to make sure your coolant reservoir is always full, or at least in between the lines.
- From there, top of your windshield wiper fluid. We all know what a pain those pesky Texas bugs can be on your windshield.
- Last but not least, check your brake fluid. Make sure it’s to the maximum line. If it does drop below, it’s time to visit your local dealership and possibly have your brake pads checked.
- Now that we’ve covered the fluids, remember to always check your air filter, which is usually easily removed by a little unclipping.
- For a better idea of where to find each of these parts, check out the above video. For any other questions or if you’d like to have your vehicle serviced by our Ford experts, ask for Barry Beard at 512-454-3711.