This Thanksgiving we at Leif Johnson Ford are thankful for so many things.
We’re thankful for our families, both our biological ones and the ones we’ve made ourselves out of amazing team members and customers.
We’re thankful for food, and especially for the epic potlucks that our employees outdo themselves with each and every year.
We’re also so thankful for the opportunity to give back to our fellow Austinities.
One of our favorite ways to get back is by participating in Earning by Learning. Each year, our Ford team goes to different elementary schools to listen to kids talk about the books they’ve read. At the end of the year, the kids are rewarded with money for the amount of books completed. It’s such a fun way to inspire kids to read, and we have such an amazing time taking part in this and many other community activities.
Last but not least?
We’re thankful for YOU! Being your Austin Ford specialist is the greatest honor.
Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!
Race For the Cure is known for fighting breast cancer both globally and locally. Whether it’s education, screening, treatment, follow-up care, survivorship support, advocacy or research, Susan G. Komen is attacking this disease. Since 1999, Komen Austin has invested nearly $11 million into breast health services and educational efforts in Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson counties. Globally, almost $5 million has been raised to fund research studies in search for a cure.
Ford is a proud sponsor of Race For The Cure, and our team here at Leif Johnson Ford loves having the chance to take part in this race. This is just one of the ways our LJF family is able to give back to our amazing Austin community; We couldn’t be more thankful for these opportunities to that allow us to give back to strong and inspiring fellow Austinites!
As the winter season approaches, it is a good idea to check your vehicle out before it gets too chilly. Our friend and expert service advisor Barry Beard recently gave us some quick but handy tips for what to check under the hood, and we couldn’t wait to share with our Ford family and friends!
- Everything should be easily marked underneath the hood.
- There are handles for your transmission fluid; It’s important to remember to always check your transmission fluid while your engine is running, while the car is in neutral and parking brake set.
- Your oil is also easily marked. You will be able to read the hash marks to check for minimum and max fill. Revert to your owner’s manual for the specific amount of oil your vehicle takes.
- You’ll also want to make sure your coolant reservoir is always full, or at least in between the lines.
- From there, top of your windshield wiper fluid. We all know what a pain those pesky Texas bugs can be on your windshield.
- Last but not least, check your brake fluid. Make sure it’s to the maximum line. If it does drop below, it’s time to visit your local dealership and possibly have your brake pads checked.
- Now that we’ve covered the fluids, remember to always check your air filter, which is usually easily removed by a little unclipping.
- For a better idea of where to find each of these parts, check out the above video. For any other questions or if you’d like to have your vehicle serviced by our Ford experts, ask for Barry Beard at 512-454-3711.
Congrats to Mr. Barry Beard, our current employee of the month at our Truck City Ford location!
Watching Barry for only a few minutes, it becomes obvious that he loves both his job and the customers that he works with. His customers love him right back, and he has thus become Ford famous in Buda, Texas for his awesome service skills. We took a few minutes to interview Barry to learn even more about The Beard himself.
What is your favorite part about working at Truck City Ford? : The great customers! We have such a great customer base, they turn into family and friends.
What have your learned working at TCF? : I’ve learned to believe in myself. If you put your mind to something you can achieve anything. I also had one boss tell me “Build your company inside of this company, and you’ll be successful.”
What are your hobbies outside of work?: I don’t have hobbies, I have kids. *Laughs* I have four kids. 13, 7, 4 and 2. (That’ll keep you busy!) I also like to hunt, fish, spend time outdoors. All that fun stuff.
We love chatting it up with Barry and our so glad to have incredible people like him as part of our Ford fam!
Victoria Horowitz bought a 2015 Ford Fusion and she couldn’t be happier with her LJF experience.
We love taking the time to get to know our customers, so we asked Victoria a few questions to learn about her life and her new Fusion love! Read on for this week’s customer highlight on Mrs. Horowitz!
What she loved about Leif Johnson Ford: ‘Josh and Isaac really made it happen for me.’
Her favorite Fusion feature: ‘It’s so random but my favorite feature is the electronic parking break…lol! I also love the little screen above the steering wheel that displays info.’
Why the Fusion is perfect for Victoria: I’m a realtor so the car is sporty enough for me and sleek enough for clients.’
The perfect purchase for a wonderful customer!
Want to be our next customer highlight? Come in to Leif Johnson Ford today!
You know that delightful scent of stepping into a brand new car?
Or the feel of gazing at your Ford after its had a detailed car wash?
What if we told you that you could keep that new car smell and look with just a few simple steps? Read on, Fordies!
Washing the outside:
- Make sure you are using a proper car soap, not regular soap.
- Get two buckets. Fill one with soapy water and the other will regular H20.
- Start by dipping the sponge in soapy water and begin cleaning your car. Alternate to the regular water, removing any debris you may have collected from the car. Rinse and repeat over the entirety of your vehicle.
- Make sure to dry off your car after soaping. If you don’t, you might end up with unwanted spots.
- Tip: Try using a microfiber cloth. They work really well!
- When you move on to cleaning your wheels and tires, make sure to use a product that is water based and noncorrosive.
- Clean the glass last (Windex works great!) , as it will have dirt and grime collected from the previous steps.
- When cleaning the inside of the windshield, use a cleaner that’s ammonia free. Ammonia has the possibility of harming the interior of your car.
- Quick tip: To keep your mats clean, try using compressed air!
- Also try using this compressed air on the vents to keep your car smelling new. Throwing a dryer sheet under the seat will also keep your Ford smelling extra lovely.
- There you have it. Follow these steps to have the freshest, cleanest ride around.
If you’re looking for something even snazzier than a clean car, try some Ford add-ons! Our detail manager has the hook-up and the 411 on updates. Need in house window tinting, a leveling kit or front and rear bumper replacements? Our accessory manager is your gal! Call 512-706-6204 and ask for Misty!
Warning: Might make your friends jealous. Tell them your secret? Or don’t.
(Thanks to Fordie/Car hack pro Lewis for these awesome tips!)