Each year, Leif Johnson Ford proudly teams up with Child Inc. to give deserving families newly refurbished vehicles. Parents that stand out for raising their children responsibly and for actively taking part in their child’s education are sought out and brought to the Child Inc. key ceremony. On the day they believe they’re coming in for yet another interview, they are surprised with flowers, a giant cardboard key and the knowledge that they will soon own their very own reliable vehicle. On November 19th of this year, the Leif Johnson Ford team was ecstatic to once again be a part of countless happy tears as these families signed their vehicle paperwork. Next month our Fords will be given to these families, and we absolutely can’t wait to be a part of that special day!
Have you recently dreamed of sugarplums and driving the new 2015 F-150? Well, we’re here to make your dreams come true. Well, the F-150 part anyway. You’ll have to find your own sugarplums.
That’s right, y’all. It’s the official Ford tour, and it’s coming to Austin. More specifically, it’s coming to Leif Johnson Ford. On December 11th 2014, 5:30-8:30 pm at our Central location, you will have the chance to check out the 2015 F-150 before its official release date. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and not one that you’re going to want to miss.
As if all of this isn’t great enough, we’re also going to provide you with free drinks and snacks. Food, refreshments AND the newest F-150? It doesn’t get much better than that!
Sign up here: www.f150drive.com/leifjohnsonford
Think of it as an early Christmas present from our Leif Johnson Ford family, to you.
Eduardo Luna has worked with us at Leif Johnson Ford for thirteen years now. When asked what his favorite thing about working with us is, he happily lists a handful of things. “Everybody gets along really well. It’s a family sort of environment” he tells us.
He also says that he loves everything from his coworkers to his bosses, and that, put simply “Everybody is cool.” He goes on to say that every year he feels more and more comfortable as part of our team, but at the same time he is always striving to “keep improving.” This is the type of attitude we love and look for at Leif Johnson Ford, and just part of what makes our team such a great one.
Mr. Luna has been doing everything from tinting to graphics for us for more than a decade, and we absolutely love having him as part of our crew. Our Leif Johnson Ford family definitely wouldn’t be the same without him.
Leif Johnson Ford has been a part of the Earning by Learning program at a local Austin elementary school for twenty years now! For those wondering what exactly Earning by Learning entails, we would love to take a minute to explain. Created by a small group of Dallas citizens who recognized a need for reading in their community, this program teaches kids to work hard and dream big. Earning by Learning is a program that inspires young kids to learn to love reading. By earning a dollar for each book they read, these kiddos are finding a joy for the books and getting rewarded for their efforts. Each school year, Leif Johnson Ford volunteers make their way to their local elementary school to listen to the children read, and hear all about the books they’ve read the previous week. Not only is it an exciting journey for these kids, it is also a fun and inspiring way for us at Leif Johnson Ford to give back to our community. Helping the younger generation love to read, one book at a time!
“Get children reading and reading as early as possible. Help them to understand the benefits that it offers.” - The Earning by Learning goal
Great news, folks! The 2015 Mustang has officially arrived at Leif Johnson Ford! We are currently offering the 2.3 Ecoboost model in the colors white and blue. Needless to say, they are both beauties to behold.
Here is a quick rundown of this particular model’s features:
- 5500 Horsepower
- The 60-mph mark runs at 5.2 seconds, the quarter-mile covered in 13.9 seconds at 98 mph.
- 320 lb-ft of torque
- 22 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway!
- Downshifts quickly and gets the 2.3-liter spinning when you want a quick departure.
- The cabin isolation, stiffness of the structure, body control, and the finish quality are huge improvements over the 2014 Mustang.
- Did we mention it’s really, really pretty?
- Bumpy roads are nothing for the Mustang. Smooth drives ahead for anyone who purchases this beauty.
- Overall- More horsepower, lower weight and better fuel economy than that of Mustang’s past. Wahoo!
Salesmen Spencer took this (as he puts it) “bad boy” out for a spin and says he was “blown away.” The internet is giving it all the hype it deserves too, and you’re likely to see many 5 star reviews if you check your Google search engine.
Come out for a 2015 Mustang test drive and see what all of the fuss is about!
The 2015 Ford Expedition has arrived at Leif Johnson Ford!
Here are a few facts about this beauty to get you better acquainted:
- The 2015 Expedition has 55 more horse power than the 2014 version (365 total)
- Oh. And 55 more pounds of torque. (420 total)
- Needless to say,3.5-liter turbocharged EcoBoost V6 is more powerful than the 2014
- You also get a redesigned instrument cluster and a new steering wheel.
- Other new features include but are not limited to: A 10-speaker Sony audio system, interior LED lighting and keyless access.
- The technology is also much snazzier this time around. For example, an upgraded MyFord Touch infotainment system with an 8-inch touch-screen display and a blind spot monitoring system with cross traffic alert are also available.
- The fuel economy is estimated to be much improved from the 2014 Expedition.
- Did we mention that the system monitors the Expedition’s body motions and steering and braking inputs and can adjust damping in milliseconds?! That too, y’all.
Our salesman Leo, who had a chance to test drive this Expedition for himself had nothing but good things to say about his drive. Overall he noted that it was “Very impressive.” Come take a test drive and see for yourself!
Meet Virginia. No, not the popular 90’s Train song. Virginia Wirtz of Riata Ford. She’s been working with us for six years now and we couldn’t be happier to have her on our team. Luckily, she really likes working with us too!
Though Virginia is having her consecutive six year work anniversary, if you count the two year break she took in between, she’s actually worked with us for nearly thirteen years. She tells us she loves her job as a billing clerk and that loving what she does “Makes the day go by faster.I learn something new every day.” She also tells us she enjoys the people she works with and that there’s “never a dull moment” at Riata Ford. (Something we all love about working here!)
When Miss Virginia isn’t at work, she enjoys spending time with her grandkids, boy/girl eight-year old twins and a twelve year old girl. “They’re my life” she gushes. She has one child of her own, telling us that after growing up with nine brothers and sisters, she wanted a smaller family for herself. “There was for sure no tv back then!” she laughs.
Virginia is fun and full of pizazz, and tells us that she’s soon to be sixty two years old and “proud of it!” And we couldn’t be more proud to have as part of the Leif Johnson Ford team.